Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

I’m pretty sure pumpkin spice is on a mission to take over the world. When we went grocery shopping we saw just about every food item flavored with pumpkin spice. Peanut butter, yogurt, cookies, trail mix, ice cream…I’m surprised we didn’t see pumpkin milk there. I’m proud to say that only 2 pumpkin flavored goodies made its way into our cart, and of course pumpkin sugar cookies. Which reminds me. Ya know that warning on every cookie dough wrapper that says do not consume raw dough? Well for 24+ years I have thrown caution to the wind and have consumed lethal amounts of cookie dough with no consequence. That is until last night. I had a little round pumpkin shaped cookie dough and was super sick the rest of the night! I guess my careless cookie dough consumption days are behind me.
Since mister is attending grad school 2 nights a week this quarter, I’m trying to cram as many fall activities into our weekends. We have several parties on the docket, trips to the world’s cutest pumpkin patch in the works, and I’m crossing my fingers for an open weekend to drive down to Galena. Seriously isn’t fall just the best? I have to question anyone’s sanity if they tell me that they hate fall. The colors, the weather, the smells, everything is just pure perfection. I hope y’all are having a good fall season so far!
We live very close to this beautiful recreation center. My Mom's side of the family celebrate her's and my Dad's birthdays a couple weekends ago right by this little lake.

Pumpkin Spice Salted Carmel lattes should be illegal. This was a perfect pick me up on a tired Saturday morning.

The sunsets around here have been insane lately. I may have broken the law and risked my life to snap a pic of this one.

We recently shifted our furniture around in our living room. Now our couch faces the window instead of being pushed against it. I love being able to look out our big window.

No comments:

Post a Comment