Saturday, August 9, 2014

Washington DC Continued...

I think the number one thing we all were looking forward to in DC the most was seeing all the monuments. One of my girlfriends reminded us every half hour that we needed to see Lincoln and I think the next time I mentioned the Korean War Memorial, someone was going to smack me. We all practically ran to the Washington Monument. Seeing all these monuments and memorials was so amazing. They were all still so stunning to look at and of course the history behind each one was not to be forgotten. It was really so wonderful to spend some time in our Nation's Capitol with some of my favorite people. 

The Washington Monument. I had a little nickname for it that I'm sure wore on Mr. a bit! 
WWII Memorial


We couldn't resist!


The Lincoln Memorial


Korean War Memorial


We all loved DC and by the end of the night we were exhausted. We spent 10 hours in DC and walked over 26,000 steps. We ended the night with a walk past the White House and people watching in the park. DC was wonderful, but honestly Delaware was so much fun! Can't wait to share more on our trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment