Friday, January 17, 2014

A Few Things

So I think I am adding, "don't make blog promises" on my 2014 resolution list. Here I am 17 days into January and this blog doesn't look any different. I know I know. The last time I wrote here I said that I'd be working on tweaking the format and design of this blog. But it turns out moving, repairing, & decorating an old house can be a time suck. Anyway! Here are a few things that are going on around here.

We have been furiously working on the house. Every spare minute of time that we have, we are using to fix up our home. These are all things we wanted to get done before we moved in, but our closing date was messed up and now we're camping in the basement while we do the repairs. So far we've removed wallpaper, fixed the plumping, repaired outlets, fixed cracks in the walls (and ceilings) and updated the sink hardware. We also installed our glorious fridge which I sometimes stare at lovingly because I am in love with it. 

My Dad & Mr. have been doing the repairs most of the time. I am not efficient in pipe replacement so instead I browse HGTV magazines and swoon over my Domino decorating book. I'm a very indecisive person so settling on decorating ideas and color schemes for rooms is actually pretty hard! I was the same way with settling on wedding details. I don't want to settle on an idea and then find one I like more later on! But I've pretty much decided on the living room & kitchen. All that's left is the master & office. 

We are re-finishing our floors this weekend and the next weekend we are painting the upstairs. We have a ton left to do but from here on out it's mostly cosmetic and fun stuff now. I'm hoping that by the time my birthday comes around (end of May) the house will be completed and we can move onto landscaping! 


Also…the song "Africa" by Toto is stuck in my head and I can't stop singing it. I blame this clip…


PS- Who else is excited that Jimmy is moving to the Tonight Show?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment