Thursday, October 3, 2013

I can eat this all day!

First off, I really hope there are New Girl fans out there who got my post title.

Anywho! This is my first recipe post and let me tell ya, I'm starting off with a bang. This is literally my favorite meal that I could eat all the time. Chicken is very much my favorite food and when you combine it with pretzels and honey mustard? Winner winner chicken dinner. Literally.

When I get home from work (and after driving in very stressful traffic) the last thing I want to do is slave over a dinner. So when I look for meals to make the Mr. and I, the first thing I look for is how long is takes to prepare. This recipe stuck out to me because of the 10 minutes it takes to prepare it. It's so easy, take very few ingredients, and is beyond tasty.

I have seen different variations of this meal on Pinterest and after making it several times I kinda molded all of the existing recipes into my own. So here is my version of Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken!

Ingredients
2 Chicken Breasts (or more if you're feeding more people)
Regular Yellow Mustard
Honey
Two handfuls of pretzels

Directions
Pre-heat your oven to 375

1. Take your pretzels and chop them up. We have somewhat of a magic bullet so I used that to crush them. A chopper works as well.


2. Slice up the chicken into strips.
Can I just take a moment to say how much I hate raw meat? Seriously. It's the worst.


3. Mix together the mustard and honey. I never use measurements for this step. I just squeeze a lot of mustard into a bowl and mix in a smaller amount of honey. I know, this is a very technical step. I just taste test as I mix to make sure it has the tangy sweet taste that makes it so good!


4. Dredge the chicken through the honey mustard mix, make sure you give it a small shake so that it doesn't soak it all up. Then dredge the chicken through the crushed pretzels, again shake them so the chicken can bake through properly.


5. Place the chicken on a foil lined pan and stick it in the oven! Cook for 15 minutes, flip the chicken, then bake for another 10 minutes.



The chicken should be baked through and super delicious. We serve it with a grain and some kind of veggie. It's a favorite of the Mr. and it's my favorite meal as well. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment