I decided that my first post would be an introductory post on myself. This blog will be a window into my life so why not let you all know a few tidbits about me!
1. I am 23 years old, living in a suburb near Chicago with my husband. I am madly in love with that guy, hence the blog title, "Love in the Burbs".
2. I graduated from a small Christian University with a degree in psychology. There are times when I wish I had pursued my first choice of Columbia in Chicago, but if I had I would have never met my guy or some of the best friends I've ever had.
3. I'm a huge animal lover. Ok well I'm a huge dogs and horses lover. It's touch and go with other mammals (reptiles, insects, and arachnids are always a no go).
4. I am very close to my immediate and extended family.
5. I work for an SRA (special recreation association) full time and I work extremely part time for my favorite retail store. It keeps me busy but I love it!
6. I am lactose intolerant but that does not stop me from consuming mass quantities of cheese, ice cream, and chocolate milk.
7. My "when I grow up" ambition is constantly changing. I probably will never be able to decide on one solid vocation.
8. Fashion/Style has become a huge passion for me. I consider it another way to express ones creativity. I used to be a solid t-shirts and jeans kinda girl. I blame my sister and a subscription to Instyle for the shift.
9. I love reading. I've been burned out on it for most of college but I'm falling back in love with the notion of curling up with a good book.
10. I love eating. Seriously food is my number one love language. Anything from a Whopper to a fig flatbread. I don't discriminate.
So there it is and there am I. I hope y'all decide to stick around for a while. I'm excited for what I have planned for this blog and I hope you guys can get excited about it too!