Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Let it Go, Let it GOOOO!

Ok is that song stuck in anyone else's head? Ever since John Travolta butchered Idina Menzel's name during the Oscar's, I haven't been able to stop belting out that Disney power ballad. Let's just say Mr. is ready for me to 'Let it Go'.

Anywho...lent is tomorrow and we're preparing for it like every other red blooded American, by gorging ourselves on junk food. Growing up I never really celebrated Lent. It wasn't really encouraged by my parents when I was young and when I got older I considered giving up TV or candy for the duration, but I never followed through. This year, Mr. and I are very determined to give up quite a few things until April 17th. I've been working more & more on my relationship with God and my commitment to my religion and I feel more connected to this season of Lent than any other year. So tonight we are feasting upon hamburgers, onion rings, ice cream, beer, and little sugar do dads that are left over from Valentine's day. I didn't even have a full lunch in preparation for tonight. Tonight is going to be such a pig fest because we are really going all out for Lent and we wanted to eat a little of everything that we're giving up. That's right, we're giving up fast food, sugar, meat, and alcohol. It'll be quite the little experience since right now my diet consists mostly of the above food groups.

Now a little news on the blog front. Lately I have been feeling immense guilt over not posting that frequently. I have so many ideas for this blog and right now I feel like my brain is so scattered that I can't put even one idea into motion. So I am taking a long break from blogging. I'll be taking blog classes, maybe a photography class, improving the design of this blog, and improving content. I'm hoping to be back in May, so please be patient and bear with me! I promise when I come back this will be a new and improved blog. In the mean time, please visit the blogs that I read and inspire me!

Hollywood Housewife
A Beautiful Mess
Signeroo
Kendi Everyday
Kaylee Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment